Why use Panasonic aspherical glass lenses?
The most notable benefit of Panasonic aspheric lenses is their ability to correct for spherical aberration which results from using a spherical surface to focus or collimate light. All spherical surfaces suffer from spherical aberration, independent of alignment or manufacturing errors, so a non-spherical, or aspheric surface, is needed to correct for it.
Although various techniques exist to correct aberrations caused by spherical surfaces, none match the imaging performance and flexibility that aspheric lenses provide.
Aspheric lenses allow optical designers to correct aberrations using fewer elements to minimise the overall cost of production, as well as reduce system size. As a result, incorporating aspheric lenses can reduce overall system design costs.
Panasonic aspherical glass lenses offer:
- High precision moulding technology achieves low aberration
- High numerical aperture allows more light
- Short focal length and compact size, very light weight
- High coupling efficiency and tolerance
- Aspherical design characteristics allow for very high performance
- Industrial high precision moulding and die processing technology give less variation in optical properties
- Wide temperature and humidity range for increased reliability and stability
- Aspherical lenses easy to adjust with LD chips
- Appropriate lenses available for many different applications
- Environmentally friendly RoHS and REACH compliant
- Optical sensors, collimation lens, A/V equipment, laser projectors, laser printers, cameras, DVD players
Panasonic aspherical glass lenses : major characteristics